Two Massachusetts teens were taken to the hospital after they called 911 for help after eating candy laced with marijuana, police said.
Hingham police say an 18 year old called dispatchers last Thursday to ask for help for a 17 year old who was possibly having an allergic reaction to food.
Eventually, the 18 year old told the dispatcher it was a reaction to marijuana-laced candy.
Police say when they arrived, they found the teens, a boy and a girl, visibly under the influence, but were both conscious and able to speak.
They were alone in the residence, and were taken to a hospital.
The teens also gave the officers an empty package labeled "Conscious Creations." Police say the company appears to be a supplier of medical marijuana.
officers say they hope this story spurs a dialogue between parents and others to know that anyone calling 911 for a possible overdose cannot be charged with possession of any controlled substance.