Reward Offered in New Hampshire Restaurant Assault Case - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Reward Offered in New Hampshire Restaurant Assault Case

Money offered for information leading to arrest of person responsible for assault

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    A $2,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for the assault of a man in Dover, New Hampshire. (Published Tuesday, April 21, 2015)

    Business owners in Dover, New Hampshire, are offering a $2,000 reward in hopes of solving a violent crime that happened in the city earlier this month.

    The victim, Nate Jones, spoke with necn Tuesday through a broken jaw that's been wired shut since the April 2 attack.

    He tells us the last thing he remembers is going outside of the Dover Brick House to wait for a cab after a night out with his brother. What happened next is all caught on camera.

    "Everyday, every night, I have hard time falling asleep just thinking of everything," the 33 year old said.

    Dover Police Lt. Brant Dolleman says the assailant, who appears to be unprovoked, walked up to Jones and punched him in the face.

    "This is very much an anomaly to have a violent unprovoked crime like that, so it's obviously a major concern of ours and a high priority for us," Lt. Dolleman said.

    It's a high priority for business owners in downtown Dover as well, and about 10 of them have pitched in to offer a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

    "I think it's great the restaurant community came together with a reward, but it makes me upset that it would have to come to that point," Jones said. "Someone knows something and if they tell now it's because of $2,000, that's really disheartening."

    Jones says he's been encouraged though by the outpouring of support from his community and especially his friends and family.

    They've hosted a benefit and are raising money on a "GoFundMe" account to help him pay medical bills.

    "It definitely opened my eyes to the importance of life and how much people really do care," Jones said.

    It's been a tough three weeks, out of work and unable to eat solid foods, but he says the hardest part is looking for answers.

    "To put it all behind me, you kind of need to know who did it," Jones said.

    Dover Police say if you have any information, you should contact the anonymous tip line at (603) 749-6000 or on the website at DoverNHcrimeline.org.

    Jones is hoping to get the wire off his jaw when he heads back down to Massachusetts General Hospital next week.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.