ID of 2nd Suspect Sought in Brutal Double Homicide Released - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

ID of 2nd Suspect Sought in Brutal Double Homicide Released

Another man accused in the double homicide of a Peabody couple was denied bail earlier on Tuesday

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    "It's like a nightmare," said the owner of a home where a double murder took place, who did not want to be identified. "You don't expect somebody to be killed within however many feet this is of your own house."

    (Published Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017)

    Authorities have released the name of a second suspect wanted in connection with a brutal double homicide over the weekend in Peabody, Massachusetts.

    Law enforcement officials are looking for 39-year-old Wes Doughty, who is considered armed and dangerous, according to the Essex County district attorney's office.

    Investigators gathered at a boarded up property on Andover Street in Danvers early Tuesday evening.

    After a search of the property, police confirmed the tip was unfounded.

    Police Looking for Armed Man Accused in Double Homicide

    Police Looking for Armed Man Accused in Double Homicide

    Law enforcement officials are looking for 39-year-old Wes Doughty, who is considered armed and dangerous, according to the Essex County district attorney's office.

    (Published Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017)

    The search took place across the street from a home where Doughty has lived with family friends, according to neighbors.

    The owner of the home where the murders took place, who did not want to be identified, says she has rented that house on her property for 20 years.

    "It's like a nightmare," she said. "You don't expect somebody to be killed within however many feet this is of your own house."

    A neighbor who hired Doughty to do work on his property spoke positively of the suspect.

    "He was fabulous," said Kent Taylor. "The kid was great ... he's actually a very hard worker."

    Taylor says he's known Doughty for over 20 years.

    Search Continues for Second Double-Murder Suspect

    [NECN] Search Continues for Second Double-Murder Suspect

    Authorities have released the name of a second suspect wanted in connection to a brutal double homicide over the weekend in Peabody, Massachusetts.

    (Published Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017)

    "I've had no issues with him," Taylor said. "When someone said he might be involved, I said I just can’t see him going to that level."

    Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to immediately call 911.

    The release of Doughty's name came hours after Peabody police recovered a black Acura that had been allegedly stolen from the scene of the murder. It's unclear where the car had exactly been found.

    Meanwhile, bail was denied for another Massachusetts man who had been arrested in connection with the homicide.

    Forty-five-year-old Michael Hebb, of Peabody, was arraigned on Tuesday after being taken into custody without incident the day before in the murders of 37-year-old Mark Greenlaw and 39-year-old Jennifer O'Connor.

    The arraignment's judge also agreed to seal Hebb's arrest warrant after a motion was filed to impound details of the murder because "if made public, it would likely result in media coverage."

    Police Locate Acura Stolen from Scene in Peabody Murder

    [NECN] Police Locate Acura Stolen from Scene in Peabody Double Murder

    Peabody Police confirm they have located the stolen Acura that was stolen from the scene of the double murder in Peabody.

    (Published Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017)

    It was not immediately known if Hebb has an attorney.

    Greenlaw and O'Connor were found dead after state police went to their Farm Avenue home early Sunday after a report and discovered the grisly scene. Investigators said they did not initially know how many bodies were inside and had to use X-ray equipment to determine the number of victims. 

    Authorities also said they have been called to the home multiple times over the years, but would not specify as to why. Neighbors say the troubles at the home were well-known. 

    Police Continue Search for Second Suspect in Double Homicide

    [NECN] Police Continue Search for Second Suspect in Double Homicide

    A man is in police custody and another suspect is still at large while authorities have identified a man and woman brutally murdered inside a Massachusetts home over the weekend.

    (Published Monday, Feb. 20, 2017)

    The medical examiner is still performing autopsies. 

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android