Veranda Restaurant in NH Damaged in Fire | NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Veranda Restaurant in NH Damaged in Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Veranda Restaurant in NH Damaged in Fire

    A Manchester, New Hampshire, restaurant sustained about $25,000 worth of damage in a fire Thursday afternoon.

    Fire officials said the Veranda Grille at 201 Hanover St. caught fire around 2:50 p.m. The fire started in an adjoining carport area before spreading to the occupied restaurant.

    The fire was attacked from two separate directions while additional crews searched and evacuated the restaurant.

    The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, due to the careless disposal of smoking materials.

    The city's Health Department responded to the scene and is working with restaurant staff in regards to food safety.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android