Woman Badly Burned in Camper Fire - NECN
Connecticut

Connecticut

The latest news from around the state

Woman Badly Burned in Camper Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Woman Badly Burned in Camper Fire
    NBCConnecticut.com
    A woman was badly burned when she was cooking and her RV caught fire in New Haven.

    A woman was badly burned when a camper caught fire as she was cooking in New Haven on Monday morning.

    Assistant Fire Chief Matthew Marcarelli said his crews responded to Howard and Washington avenues at 9:45 a.m. and the woman was transported to Yale-New Haven Hospital to be treated for serious burns and is now being taken to the Bridgeport Burn Unit.

    The trailer is a complete loss, but firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to two Yale buildings next to the trailer, including one that houses labs and a storage building for machinery.

    Nearby buildings were evacuated and it took about 15 minutes to get flames under control.