Woman Hospitalized in Mobile Home Fire - NECN
Maine

Maine

The latest news from around the state

Woman Hospitalized in Mobile Home Fire

The owner of the home, Earle Shepardson, says his girlfriend Michelle Bancroft was alone in the home at the time of the fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Woman Hospitalized in Mobile Home Fire
    necn

    A fire that gutted a central Maine mobile home has left a family displaced and sent a woman to the hospital with burns to her hands.

    The Morning Sentinel reports
    the blaze at the home on South Main Street in Athens was reported around 10 a.m. Tuesday.

    The owner of the home, Earle Shepardson, says his girlfriend Michelle Bancroft was alone in the home at the time of the fire.

    Shepardson says Bancroft opened a wood stove and the flames began spreading. The stove was purchased just this winter.

    Assistant Fire Chief Brett Strout says the cause of the fire is not considered suspicious.

    Crews from Cornville, Harmony, Madison and Skowhegan helped Athens firefighters extinguish the blaze. The home was completely destroyed.

    The state fire marshal will investigate.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.