Rare Steakhouse Chef John Ross is in 'The Chef's Pantry' with Anna Rossi making a homemade quick and easy Steak Tartare.
Steak Tartare Recipe:
Shallots 1 Tablespoon
Capers 1 tablespoon
Cornichons (pickled cucumbers) 1 tablespoon
Beef – fine diced 1 Cup
Chives- fine sliced 1 Tablespoon
Quail eggs 1 each
Dijon mustard ½ tablespoon
Kosher salt Black pepper
Horseradish cream 1 tablespoon
Parmesan - grated ½ Tablespoon
Puff cracker sticks As many as you want
1. Fine chop the shallots, capers and cornichons separately.
2. Chives should be finely sliced.
3. Fine dice the beef.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine shallots, capers, cornichons, beef, chives, and Dijon mustard and incorporate them together. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Garnish with the horseradish cream, quail yolk, & grated parmesan cheese.
6. Enjoy with you cracker of choice.