Fire officials in Manchester, New Hampshire, confirms around 30 people were left homeless after a fire broke out around 3:30 a.m.
"I was half dreaming, and God gave me a sign, there’s something going on," said Margarita Vela, who escaped the fire.
Vela says she woke up and checked, but couldn't see anything wrong. She went back to bed, and almost instantly, a neighbor was banging on the family's door.
When they got outside, her husband was able to take video of the fire pouring out of this first floor unit.
Manchester Fire says the origin of the fire at 65 Log St. was traced back to a first-floor television center, where several places of possible ignition were located.
The Bass Island Condominium building is unlivable, especially the third floor, where Vela's family rented the corner unit.
Two firefighters were hurt, but their injuries are considered non-life-threatening.
"That is my daughter's closet from up here - It's unbelievable that everybody can see it," she said. "It's just so much, so many memories in that room."
The Vela family was able to grab some clothes, soaking wet from the sprinkler system. Their 6-year-old daughter's Christmas gifts were all damaged. But that didn't matter to them.
"It’s all material that we lose," said husband Cirla Vela. "We thank God we lived through this experience, and I think we're going to be OK."
"I have my husband, my family, and everybody made it safe," said Margarita Vela. "That's a gift. We could be dead.
All residents of the building are safe and accounted for. The Red Cross is assisting them.
Damages are estimated at $750,000, the fire department said.
Officials say there is no reason to believe the fire was intentionally set.