Local

Hibachi Grill Cause of 4-Alarm Fire at Dartmouth College Dorm

More than 70 students were displaced early Saturday morning

TLMD-Copa Food City 2017-05
Telemundo Arizona

A four-alarm fire broke out in a Dartmouth College dorm early Saturday morning, according to the Hanover Fire Department.

The blaze was reported in Morton Hall just after midnight. The fire department was able to knock the fire down.

Seventy-one students were displaced and given emergency housing Friday night and temporary housing on campus Saturday.

No injuries were reported.

The State Fire Marshall announced Sunday that students had been using a hibachi style charcoal grill on a flat section of roof outside a dorm window. The grill was left unattended and a fire started.

Contact Us