Billerica, Mass. Elementary School Evacuated in Possible CO Incident

(NECN) - Billerica, Mass. Fire confirms an elementary school was evacuated for a possible carbon monoxide incident.

Fire officials say they were called shortly after 10:30 a.m. Friday for staff at Hajjar Elementary School, but there zero CO readings. Three kitchen staff workers were evaluated and had symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide poisoining; however, they were not taken to the hospital.

Students were let back into the school around 10:50 a.m., and crews are currently doing secondary sweeps. There is no cause or source at this time, officials say, and units are still on scene investigating.

Stay with NECN as this story develops.

Contact Us