Carbon Monoxide Incident in Boston, Mass.

(NECN: Boston, Mass.) - A carbon monoxide detector went off at 7 Skyline Road in Boston, Massachusetts on Tuesday afternoon.

This is the location of an at-home daycare center.

Four adults and five children inside the building got out safely. All nine had normal readings, according to District Fire Chief Walsh. Boston EMS had initially told NECN that six people had been transported to local hospitals for evaluation, but evaluations were carried out at the scene, and no transport was needed.

The cause of the CO was most likely a defective stove.

The district chief says there were minor readings inside the daycare, but everyone has been let back inside.

Contact Us