(NECN) - An investigation under way Monday after a carbon monoxide leak inside the Legal Sea Foods on Boylston Street in Newton, Mass.
One person was evacuated and evaluated at the scene. They have been released.
Fire officials say the public needs to be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
"Don't stick around," said Newton Fire Lt. Eric Fricke. "If you hear your carbon monoxide detector going off, go outside, call the local authorities, and they'll come out and investigate it."
Officials say the cause of the leak was a faulty oven. Newton Fire has isolated the source and ventilated the building.
The restaurant is expected to reopen Monday afternoon.
Copyright NECNMIGR - NECN