(NECN: David Jack) - Fitness expert David Jack offers some advice on how to enjoy those Halloween treats without inflicting serious dietary damage, and one the athletes he trains, who also happens to be a mom, has come up with a recipe that's loaded with good protein and taste's great.
The concoction combines the high protein grain, quinoa, whey protein, locally-made peanut butter, a touch of vanilla, and dark chocolate chips in a standard 12-cup cupcake pan.
3 cups quinoa
1 cup vanilla whey protein
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 dark chocolate chips per treat
1. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Dust the cups with oat bran.
3. Combine quinoa, whey, peanut butter and vanilla in mixer and mix until just broken up.
4. Fill each cup about half way. Put the chocolate chip on each treat.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and spread out chocolate. Cool and serve.