(NECN) - According to Grafton Fire, a 250-gallon nitric acid tank began leaking inside the Dana Transport building at 86 Westboro Road in Grafton earlier today. Some vapors escaped the building but weather conditions were favorable for clean up.
Earlier Grafton's town administrator said that evacuations were occurring within half-mile radius of the site but now are only in 0.10 radius of the site. Although The North Grafton Elementary school is not within that radius students were safely evacuated as a precaution and were taken to Grafton Elementary School. Home and businesses outside of the district were also notified. A hazmat team is also on the scene.
Copyright NECNMIGR - NECN