(NECN) - In this economy, lots of people are looking for work, and those who have jobs are looking to keep them.
This morning we were joined by career success consultant Bob Burg. He's got a new book out called "The Go-Giver."
It's all about how to get ahead in the work place, and he has 5 major tips:
1. The law of value - your worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in repayment
2. The law of compensation - your wealth is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them
3. The law of influence - your influence is determined how abundantly you place other people's interests first
4. The law of authenticity - the most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself
5. The law of receptivity - the key to effective giving is being open to receiving
His national best-seller has been heralded as a new business classic and been translated into 18 languages.
Bob Burg also puts his networking and "Go-Giver" abilities to use for charities, being a former Palm Beach County/Brooks Brothers leukemia "Society Man of the Year" for his fundraising efforts on their behalf.