(NECN) - As we approch the end of the year we are thinking about trees, gifts, and parties. Ttaking a few minutes to think about your taxes could end us saving you some money.
Joining us is Barry Armstrong, registered representative Securities America and host of Lunch Money on WRKO.
Armstrong has the following tips for year end tax planning:
- maximize 401(k) contributions
- consider a roth conversion
- max an extra mortgage payment
- defer commissions until next year
- make charitable contributions within the next three weeks
- establish a pension plan if self-employed