Police have arrested five suspects following an April fight in which a man was stabbed and nearly died.
According to police, the man tried to intervene in the fight between a male and a female at Quarterdeck Lounge in Barnstable, Massachusetts. When he tried to help the woman, whom police say was being physically assaulted, a group of at least 10 men and women surrounded and attacked him.
The investigation led to the arrests of the following people:
- Eric Brando Jr., 22, of Hyannis, charged with assault with intent to murder, assault and battery causing serious bodily injury, operating a moped without a license, failure to stop for a police officer and destroying a fence while trying to escape
- Eric Brando Sr., 40, of Hyannis, charged with trafficking cocaine after police searched the home he shares with his son
- Raena Ketch, 31 of Hyannis, charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute after police stopped her leaving Brando's home
- Richard Roser, 38, charged with conspiracy to violate the Controlled Substance Act, also stopped by police while leaving Brando's home
- Matthew Fisher, 36 of Wareham, arrested on outstanding warrants for operating after suspension of license, charged with threat to commit a crime after he arrived at Brando's home while police were searching it
All of the suspects were arraigned Thursday in Barnstable District Court.