A gas heater is to blame for a two-alarm fire at a popular seafood restaurant in Essex, Massachusetts, fire officials said Monday.
The fire broke out at Essex Seafood at 142 Eastern Ave. just before 11 p.m. Sunday.
Fire departments from Gloucester, Hamilton, Manchester and Ipswich responded to the scene.
Video from the scene showed flames tearing through the roof of the restaurant and smoke billowing into the air.
Investigators said the fire started over a counter area where there was an old ceiling mounted gas heater, which had been left running overnight.
No injuries were reported.
Damage to the building is estimated at $250,000, fire officials said.