Local

Propane Problem Leads to Home Explosion, Fire

Fire-Hydrant-Red-generic1
necn

A problem with propane caused Thursday's home explosion and fire in Union, Maine. 

Fire investigators say two portable propane heaters had been installed in the house during renovations, and a problem with either the heaters or the gas line caused a buildup of propane, which then ignited. 

The two-story farmhouse was leveled.

The occupants of the residence had been staying elsewhere because of the renovations. 

Contact Us