Electrical Short-Circuit Causes Fire; 2 Injured

Two people were injured in a fire in Chinatown on Monday night, Boston Police confirm.

Crews responded to the scene of the fire at 84 Harrison Ave. around 8:30 p.m.

Police say the two female victims were taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Their injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.

Dozens of people were been evacuated from the building. Damage to the building is estimated at $700,000, according to the Boston Fire Department.

They say the fire started because of an electrial short-circuit in the second-floor bathroom ceiling.

Contact Us