Fire That Destroyed House Ruled Accidental

A house went up in flames Wednesday evening in Concord, Massachusetts.

The home on College Road was fully involved when crews arrived around 8:30 p.m.

Concord Fire Chief Mark Cotreau said the fire is believed to have been accidental.

Neighbors reported hearing multiple blasts. According to Cotreau, a 20-pound propane tank, attached to a grill, blew up.

Officials noted that the area is not served with natural gas.

Dozens of firefighters were on the scene of the blaze, which happened in a heavily wooded area. Crews worked to prevent the fire from spreading.

No one was injured, but the house is a total loss.

Contact Us