Bear Cubs Rescued After Mom Electrocuted in Gardner, Massachusetts

Corn and sunflower seeds were found in the area

Two bear cubs were rescued Monday morning after their mother was electrocuted by a high voltage wire.

The incident happened in the area of Betty Spring Rd. in Gardner, Massachusetts.

National Grid was contacted so officials could secure the area. 

The cubs were rescued by the Gardner Fire Department, Massachusetts Environmental Police officers and MassWildlife personnel.

Authorities located large amounts of corn and sunflower seeds on the ground in the area where the cubs were located. Homeowners are cautioned that bears finding food will often revisit that site.

When a bear is found in a developed area, it is best to stay away and call: (800) 632-8075.

The pair was turned over to MassWildlife, assessed and found to be in good health.

Contact Us