Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is urging residents to use caution as heavy rainfall is expected Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Residents can sign up for Alert Boston, the city's emergency notification system, to receive emergency alerts by phone, email or text. Residents are also encouraged to dial 311 with any non-emergency questions.
The latest news from around the state
Walsh has issued the following safety tips:
- Make sure storm drains are cleaned out to prevent poor draining flooding
- Avoid walking or driving through flood waters
- Familiarize yourself with the terms used to identify a flooding hazard:
- Flood Watch means "be aware" and that conditions are right for flooding to occur in your area
- Flood Warning means "take action" and that flooding is either happening or will happen shortly
Residents are urged to take action before a flood by building an emergency kit and making a family communications plan.
A tropical storm could potentially impact the City of Boston next week.