A chemical spill on MIT's campus has been contained and cleaned up, and the buliding has been reopened, MIT Police said.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, fire officials said the chemical spill was a bottle of Hexane solvent that had been dropped in a lab. The solvent has evaporated and the scene was cleared, officials said.
Fire officials said the hazmat response was just a precaution when something flammable spills. MIT Police had asked people to avoid the area.
The latest news from around the state
No injuries were reported.