Firefighters quickly responded to a house fire early Thursday in Everett, Massachusetts.
The blaze was reported at a home on 93 Madison Ave., where several tenants fled the danger before fire crews arrived.
Everett Deputy Fire Chief Michael Ragucci said tenants reported hearing a crackling sound before the building was evacuated. Upon arrival, firefighters saw flames on the ceiling of the third floor and made a hole in the roof to fight the blaze.
Damage is estimated at about $50,000, according to Ragucci. Power and gas were cut off, making the home uninhabitable for now.
The latest news from around the state
No injuries were reported in connection to the fire. The investigation is ongoing.