Shriners Hospital in Boston has released photos of two brothers injured in a family bonfire last weekend in Fitchburg, Massachusetts.
The hospital says the boys are improving. 13-year-old Jameson Carroll has a serious burn to his lower back. 11-year-old Jaxon Carroll has minimal burns.
Officials say the boys' mother went inside to get marshmallows when they put gasoline on the fire, causing it to get so big that it burned the children.
The parents of Jameson and Jaxon have also released the following statement:
"We'd all like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support, prayers, and positive thoughts. Due to the serious nature of this incident, we haven't been able to reach out t everyone and express our gratitude.
Please respect our privacy at this time, co we can focus on our boy's recovery. Jaxon has been making an amazing recovery and is both looking and feeling good. Jameson however, experienced more serious injuries than initially thought. His recovery will take more time, but we are positive because we have the best doctors and staff in the area.
The latest news from around the state
Please keep the prayers coming, all Jameson and Jax want to do is return to their normal lives hanging out with their friends, playing sports, going to school and playing video games.
If anyone wants to send cards or letter to Jamo and Jax, here is the address.
Shriners Hospitals for Children
Attention: Jamason / Jaxon
51 Blossom Street
c/o 8th floor ACU
Boston, MA. 02114
Anyone interested in making a donation can do so at this site:
Search for Jameson Carroll or
Sharing Counts / The Greg Hill Foundation
Thank you everyone, friends, family and everyone else praying for our boys."