Students Hospitalized After Ingesting Plant Seeds in Seekonk, Massachusetts

There were no serious health issues reported

Students in Seekonk, Massachusetts, were hospitalized after ingesting plant seeds such as Sleepy Grass, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, and Blue Morning Glory.

According to the Seekonk Superintendent's Office, the seeds contain d-lysergic acid amide (LSA) which closely resembles LSD.

Once ingested, the seeds can cause auditory and visual hallucinations as well as spatial and temporal distortion and introspection.

Side effects also include nausea and vomiting.

After the seeds were discovered in the Seekonk School District, building administrators investigated and parents were notified.

There were no serious outcomes.

A Home Depot in Somerset agreed to remove the seeds from the store.

Contact Us