A 75-year-old man was killed in a fire that also hospitalized a woman Monday morning in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Authorities identified William Holland, a resident of the home where the fire broke out before 2 a.m., as the victim. He died after inhaling flames and super-heated gases.
According to investigators, it is believed that Holland's clothes caught fire while he was trying to light a cigarette using a gas stove.
The latest news from around the state
The woman, who was found in a bedroom, was treated for smoke inhalation.