Local

1 Dead, 1 Hospitalized After Fire

The Nashua, New Hampshire, fire department says a man is dead and a woman hospitalized following an early morning fire in the city

412485_02_firestrike
Getty Images

A 75-year-old man was killed in a fire that also hospitalized a woman Monday morning in Nashua, New Hampshire.

Authorities identified William Holland, a resident of the home where the fire broke out before 2 a.m., as the victim. He died after inhaling flames and super-heated gases.

According to investigators, it is believed that Holland's clothes caught fire while he was trying to light a cigarette using a gas stove.

The woman, who was found in a bedroom, was treated for smoke inhalation.

Contact Us