Beauty Salon Catches Fire

A New Hampshire beauty salon will be closed indefinitely after a fire caused tens of thousands of dollars in damage Sunday afternoon.

Crews responded to the blaze on Martin Street in Manchester shortly after 3:30 p.m.

The fire had been burning in the basement for some time without anyone noticing, according to Manchester Fire. One firefighter nearly fell threw a hole that the fire had burned in the floor above.

No civilians were injured, and no firefighters were seriously hurt.

The blaze was put out in about 25 minutes. It caused an estimated $70,000 in damage.

The business at 47 Martin Street is listed by Google Maps as CP Nails.

Contact Us