Local
Family

Hot Water Heater Cause of Conventry, Rhode Island Carbon Monoxide Leak

Two children and four adults were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

carbon-monoxide-detector1

Fire officials in Coventry, Rhode Island say an improperly vented hot water heater was the cause of a carbon monoxide leak that sent six members of a family to hospitals.

Firefighters responding to the home on Sisson Road at about 1 a.m. on Tuesday detected what were called dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide.

Officials say four adults and two children were brought to two area hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning. All are expected to recover.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us