Local

Garage Fire Burns Man, Leaves Home Uninhabitable

Firefighters contained the fire before it could spread into the kitchen

Cranston Garage Fire
WJAR

The Rhode Island Fire Marshall is investigating after a fire broke out at a Cranston garage, leaving the residence unlivable.

Officials in Cranston are investigating the garage fire on Poplar Drive.

Fire officials say crews arrived at the scene around 3:45 p.m. Sunday. The flames ignited in an attached garage. Smoke spread through air ducts and air conditioning units into the attic.

Firefighters contained the fire before it could spread into the kitchen. Officials say the whole house was filled with smoke at one point.

A man suffered second degree burns to his head and was transported to Kent Hospital. A woman who was also home was not injured.

The house sustained minor smoke damage. The garage was completely charred and must be torn down.

Officials are investigating the fire.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us