An 11-year-old Massachusetts girl is in critical condition after choking on a marshmallow at a birthday party.
Azriel Estabrooks of Somerset has been hospitalized for several days following the incident on Saturday, according to necn affiliate WJAR.
Her mother says she dropped her daughter off at the party and received a call an hour later from the other mother about the situation.
The latest news from around the state
Rescuers found a marshmallow lodged in her throat. Azriel’s mother faults the family and says negligence led to her daughter choking.
She says her daughter was passed out on the floor before anyone found her.
Azriel remains in critical condition.