Local

Rhode Island Family Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

There were reports of carbon monoxide poisoning but police could not confirm that

WJAR CO incident
WJAR-TV

Five people, including three children, were hospitalized Wednesday night after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in Smithfield, Rhode Island.

According to WJAR-TV, police responded to the home on Pleasant View Avenue at about 8:45 p.m.

A witness told WJAR-TV that he saw first responders performing CPR on multiple people outside the house.

The victims were taken to area hospitals where their conditions are unknown. One child has regained conciousness, according to authorities.

Chief Robert Seltzer of the Smithfield Fire Department said that the leak may have been caused by a malfunction with the heating system in the home.

Contact Us