Firefighters helped save a 15-month-old boy from a home fully engulfed in flames in Rhode Island Wednesday night.
Authorities say the fire broke out at a Westerly residence around 7 p.m. Police said a man and two boys, ages 6 and 7, escaped through a window, but the boys' younger brother was still inside when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters entered the home and rescued the boy from a playpen near where the flames broke out.
The latest news from around the state
Police Capt. Shawn Lacey said the boy was taken to Hasbro Children’s Hospital for treatment of first and second-degree burns. He says the boy's injuries are non life-threatening.
Investigators believe the fire started from a pan with cooking oil that was left on the stove.