2 Pets Killed in House Fire

Fire officials say a bathroom ceiling fan is the suspected cause of a fire that damaged a two-family home and killed two pets in Highgate, Vermont

tlmd_rudy_luna_atropellado
Telemundo San Antonio

Fire officials say a bathroom ceiling fan is the suspected cause of a fire that damaged a two-family home and killed two pets in Highgate, Vermont.

The fire broke out on the second floor Wednesday night.

The residents were not home at the time although officials say the home did have working smoke alarms. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the second floor and roof.

The damage is estimated at $200,000.

The American Red Cross is helping the families with housing and clothing.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us