Seven child care programs in Vermont will be undergoing precautionary testing for cleaning chemical contamination.
MyNBC5 reports that the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation and Health Department will be testing facilities within 200 feet of current or former dry cleaning services.
The dry cleaning chemicals can seep into the ground and pollute the air of nearby buildings.
The child care facilities to be tested include:
• SVSU Early Education Program, Division Street in Bennington
• Canal Street Headstart, Canal Street in Brattleboro
• Y Early Childhood Program, St. Paul Street in Burlington
The latest news from around the state
• Frog & Toad Child Care & Learning Center, Suzie Wilson Road in Essex
• Blooming Minds Enrichment Center, Lemnah Drive in St. Albans
• Heartworks, South Main Street in Stowe
• CU2 ChildCare, Dorset Lane in Williston
Families of children at the facilities have been notified and state officials say no one has been reported as sick.