Local

Family Escapes Injury From Chimney Fire

Firefighters say a family has escaped injury from a chimney fire in their Brookline, Vermont, home

Generic-Vermont
NECN

Firefighters say a family has escaped injury from a chimney fire in their Brookline, Vermont, home.

Firefighters say the family's wood stove sparked a fire in the chimney Monday afternoon. They were celebrating their 1-year-old's birthday at the time.

The Brattleboro Reformer reports
the chimney was destroyed and the house may have had some smoke damage.

NewBrook Fire and Rescue Chief Todd Lawley said chimney fires can be prevented by cleaning out wood stoves on a regular basis, preferably monthly.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us