Local
Vermont

Fire at Senior Housing Complex Evacuates Dozens

firetruck-interior-shutterstock_1562275611
Shutterstock

Firefighters say an electrical fire at a senior housing complex has forced dozens of residents to evacuate, and one person suffered injuries and was taken to a hospital.

The building alarm went off at about 6:30 a.m. Monday. The fire was on the third floor of the Eagle Crest Senior Apartments in Williston. Firefighters believe it stemmed from a malfunctioning ceiling light.

Authorities said the person taken to the hospital suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us