Local

House Destroyed After Stove Fire Spreads

Firefighters say a kitchen stove fire grew and destroyed a home in Waterford, Vermont

fire truck generic
NBC Bay Area

Firefighters say a kitchen stove fire grew and destroyed a home in Waterford, Vermont.

St. Johnsbury Fire Department Capt. Will Rivers tells the Caledonian Record the homeowner was cooking on his stove Saturday night when cooking oil in his pot caught fire. As he struggled to put it out, flames from the stove top spread and ignited overhead kitchen cabinets and some curtains.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us