Local
Vermont

Vermont Family Displaced After Home Explosion Friday

The explosion was determined to be accidental by investigators

vermontexplosion
Vermont Department of Public Safety

An accidental explosion at a Vermont home has left a family of five without a place to live, according to officials at the state's department of public safety.

The explosion was caused by an electric water pump in the basement, according to investigators. There were nine 20 pound gas tanks in the basement, and one was used to fuel an instant hot water heater.

Friday, a Brownington man returned to his home on Chapdelaine Road to find an explosion had caused damage, and a fire had started in the basement.

The family — which includes three children — is being helped by the Vermont Red Cross with temporary housing.

Contact Us