Thirteen Farmington Bank locations and two People’s United Bank locations in Connecticut are closing.
The company released a statement about the decision behind the closings.
“We worked closely with Farmington Bank’s management team to carefully evaluate and determine how we can best integrate and optimize our combined branch network, both Stop & Shop and traditional locations, to best serve the needs of our customers,” Sara Longobardi, senior executive vice president, retail banking for People’s United Bank, said in a statement.
U.S. & World
She said the company looked at factors including proximity, access to technology and bankers, ATMs and extended-hour service locations.
“We feel our new footprint in the region will give us a stronger, more customer facing presence. In addition, all Farmington Bank branch employees were offered positions within People’s United Bank,”Longobardi’s statement says.
People’s United Financial Inc., the holding company for People’s United Bank, announced in October that it acquired First Connecticut Bancorp, Inc., the holding company for Farmington Bank.
Following are the locations that will be closing:
- Farmington Bank at Gables Retirement Community, 20 Devonwood Drive in Farmington.
- Farmington Bank at Village Gate, 88 Scott Swamp Road, in Farmington.
- Farmington Bank, 176 Newington Road in West Hartford.
- Farmington Bank at 299 West Middle Turnpike in Manchester
- Farmington Bank at 135 Talcottville Road in Vernon
- Farmington Bank at 129 New Britain Ave. in Plainville.
- Farmington Bank at 427 West Avon Road in Avon.
- Farmington Bank at 962 Farmington Ave. in West Hartford.
- Farmington Bank at 486 Silas Deane Highway in Wethersfield.
- Farmington Bank at 782 Park Ave. in Bloomfield.
- Farmington Bank at 1095 Main St. in Newington.
- Farmington Bank at 957 Main St. in East Hartford.
- Farmington Bank at 366 Cromwell Ave. in Rocky Hill.
- People’s United Bank at 27 East Main St. in Avon.
- People’s United Bank at 812 Queen St. in Southington