A dryer is to blame for a fire that displaced a family of five in New Britain Sunday night.
Fire officials said crews responded around 9:30 p.m. to a building at 2056 Stanley Street. The building is a single-family home with an auto repair shop on the ground level.
When firefighters arrived all of the occupants were out of the building. No one was hurt.
U.S. & World
The home was damaged and the family has been displaced. The American Red Cross responded to provide temporary assistance.
Fire officials said the fire was accidental and caused by a dryer.