The state has approved nine more medical marijuana dispensaries, according to the state Department of Consumer Protection.
The nine new facilities will be in Groton, Mansfield, Meriden, New Haven, Newington, Stamford, Torrington, Westport and Windham.
A request for applications was issued at the beginning of 2018 for three to 10 dispensary facilities. The Department of Consumer Protection received 73 applications and the nine approved will be licensed by the state’s Medical Marijuana Program, joining nine existing dispensary facilities and four producers.
U.S. & World
There are now 30,448 patients in the medical marijuana program in Connecticut.
The applicants selected for licensure include:
- Bhadra Seva, LLC at 2280 Berlin Turnpike in Newington
- GR Vending CT, LLC at 78 Plaza Court in Groton
- Willow Brook Wellness, LLC at 1371 East Main St. in Meriden
- Tedra Health, LLC at 1768 Storrs Road in Mansfield
- C-3 Ventures, LLC at 3568 Winsted Road in Torrington
- Arrow Alternative Care #3 at 806 East Main St. in Stamford
- Bluepoint Wellness of Westport, LLC at 1460 Post Road East in Westport
- FFD Central, LLC at 1548 West Main St.in Windham
- Affinity Health & Wellness, Inc. at 1351 Whalley Ave. in New Haven
The dispensary facilities that were selected will receive their licenses after paying the license fee and submitting final documentation, which must occur within 14 days.