Local

Butter Left on Stove Causes Fire in NH Nursing Home,1 Hurt

120 residents evacuated from home

Trump160423_MP4-152457783335200002.jpg

A pot of butter left on the stove caused a fire at a Manchester, New Hampshire, nursing home Saturday.

The kitchen of that nursing home has been shut down while the area is cleaned. A fire suppression system in place did not activate, according to Manchester fire officials.

Six engine trucks, three ladder trucks and four ambulances responded to the call. One nursing home resident was brought to a local hospital with injuries.

There were 150 people in the building, including 120 residents of the nursing home, according to district Fire Chief Mike Gamache. 

Contact Us