A Cape Cod school that was evacuated two days in a row for a gas leak will be closed on Thursday.
Mashpee Public Schools officials sent a notice to families and staff that Quashnet Elementary School will be closed Thursday. Officials say that although necessary repairs have been made following two straight days of evacuations, they want to ensure student and staff are safe before their return by monitoring equipment.
"There was a giant gas leak and we all had to evacuate our classes," third grader Theo Enwisle told NBC10 Boston and necn. "There were a bunch of fire trucks and we had to go to the high school."
U.S. & World
School officials believe a leaky boiler caused the gas leak. One person was hospitalized Tuesday due to the leak.