Careless Disposal of Cigarettes Blamed for Lynn House Fire

No injuries were reported but the home has been deemed "inhabitable"

Lynn fire 08272019
NBC10 Boston

Careless disposal of cigarettes is being blamed for a fire Tuesday afternoon at a home in Lynn, Massachusetts, according to fire officials.

The fire started in the back porch area of 15 Northern Ave.

Fire officials said one resident was home at the time and was able to get out of the building safely.

The heat from the fire caused the siding on the home next door to melt, according to fire officials.

No injuries were reported but the home has been deemed "inhabitable" for the three adults and two children who live there.

Contact Us