The mother of Kevin Spacey’s accuser told NBC News that she and her son will not be attending the actor’s arraignment on Monday.
Spacey was first publicly accused in November of 2017 by the victim's mother, former WCVB-TV news anchor Heather Unruh. She said her son, then 18, was sexually assaulted by the actor at the Club Car Restaurant in Nantucket.
U.S. & World
"We have decided as a family that we will not make any statements until trial," Unruh told NBC News. "We want to preserve the integrity of the case."
Spacey is scheduled to be arraigned on an indecent assault and battery charge on Jan. 7 at Nantucket District Court. It is unclear if he has an attorney in Massachusetts.
The actor had filed a motion seeking to avoid attending his arraignment, but that order was denied earlier this week.
Multiple complaints against the "House of Cards" actor surfaced after actor Anthony Rapp first publicly accused Spacey of sexual assault. Rapp accused Spacey of making sexual advances at him when he was 14-years-old.