Man Held Without Bail in Connection With Fatal Shooting of New Hampshire Mom

Justin Moura is charged with second-degree murder for allegedly shooting and killing 34-year-old Tanya Hall in Manchester

The man accused of shooting and killing a New Hampshire mother over the weekend is now being held without bail after his arraignment Tuesday.

At Justin Moura’s arraignment in Hillsboro County Superior Court North, a man who would only identify himself as Moura’s friend told NBC10 Boston something isn’t right and that Moura is a “good guy.”

“This is totally out of character,” said the man.

Moura was arrested Monday, charged with second-degree murder for allegedly shooting and killing 34-year-old Tanya Hall.

Hall’s boyfriend says this all feels surreal. He was with her the night she was shot and killed and says he’s overcome with grief.

“She’s the best mother I ever met in my life,” said Jeremy Winslow.

Winslow says he picked Hall up at her Hudson home at around 6 p.m. Saturday.

He says their date night was perfect until he accidentally bumped into a guy in the bathroom at Manchvegas Bar and Grill.

Winslow says when he and Hall tried to leave, that man and his friends followed them outside and surrounded his blue Jeep. Winslow says as he drove away, he heard something smash through his back window – but he thought it was a rock.

“When I finally realized what was going on, I screamed, ‘Babe!’ as loud as I could, and she fell down between her legs and there was a bullet hole in her back,” Winslow explained.

Autopsy results show Hall died of a single gunshot wound to the back. Authorities are keeping the affidavit sealed and won’t say anything about the circumstances that led up to the shooting. When asked if Hall was an “unintended target,” Senior Assistant New Hampshire Attorney General Peter Hinckley said, “Based on the information so far to date, we have no known connection between the victim and Mr. Moura.”

Winslow is convinced that the suspect never meant to kill anyone, he says especially not a hard-working mom who leaves behind a one and a half-year-old little boy.

“I believe it was, I can’t speculate, but it doesn’t seem like it was a murder, it seemed like it was an accident,” Winslow said.

Moura waived his appearance Tuesday which is why he wasn't in the courtroom. He is being held without bail and is due back in court later this month.

Contact Us