Price Chopper and Market 32 supermarkets are recalling white and yellow American cheese slices due to the possibility of small metal pieces on the surface of the cheese.
Officials said the Great Lakes Cheese brand American cheese that was fresh sliced to order, pre-sliced grab 'n go and 'cheese ends' that were sold in the deli department are being recalled.
The affected item UPC codes are:
Multiple other prepared items in the deli department may have utilized the affected product as well including:
- All Day Breakfast Sandwich with PLU number 37914
- Cheeseburger (plain) with PLU number 27613
- Bacon American Burger with PLU number 27599
- Breakfast Egg and Cheese Sandwich with PLU number 37913
- Ben & Bill’s Egg Cheese Sandwich with PLU number 30202
- Handheld American Club with PLU number 47370
- Ben & Bill’s Grilled Cheeseburger with PLU number 30714
- Ben & Bill’s Western Egg Sandwich with PLU number 30200
- Breakfast Combo #1 Loaded with PLU number 37889
- Breakfast Combo #2 Loaded with PLU number 37890
- Breakfast Combo #3 Loaded with PLU number 37891
- Ben & Bill’s Western Omelet with PLU number 30204
- Regular White Vegetable Sub with PLU number 22597500000
Price Chopper and Market 32 have removed the affected products from store shelves. Customers are advised to return products to local stores for a full refund.
U.S. & World
For more information on the recall, click here.