Bristol police are investigating a report that someone left tainted Milk-Bone treats in a dog owner’s yard.
Police said a resident of Council Ring Drive reported Saturday that they found the treats partially eaten in their yard and that their dog became sick shortly after. The dog owner said the treats had a “toxic” odor and threw them out before officers arrived, police said.
The Animal Control officer checked on the dog, which appeared healthy, according to police. There have been no other complaints in the area.
U.S. & World
Police encourage the public to report any suspicious incident at the time it happens, and not to handle unknown objects or substances.
The report is under investigation. Anyone with information should contact the Bristol Police Department at 860-584-3011.